Our website walkheart.org is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will gladly assist you.
Index of contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Principles of data protection that we comply
- What rights do you have regarding your personal data
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- Who else has access to your personal data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Definitions used in this Policy
Personal Data – Name, user and email of the people who send any form of this website, including the comments within the articles.
Processing – any operation or set of operations carried out in Personal Data or in sets of Personal Data.
User – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Principles of data protection that we comply
We are committed to comply with the following data protection principles:
- The processing is legal, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have legal bases. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you information about the processing upon request.
- The processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities conform to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- The processing is done with minimum data. We only collect and process the minimum amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a period of time. We will not store your personal data for longer than necessary.
- We will do everything possible to guarantee the accuracy of the data.
- We will do everything possible to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
User rights regarding their data
The user has the following rights regarding their data, Rights of GDPR users (form in the link):
- Right to information, which means that you have the right to know if your personal data are being processed; what data are collected, where they are obtained and why and who processes them.
- Right of access, which means that you have the right to access the data collected about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected Personal Data.
- Right to rectification, which means that you have the right to request the correction or deletion of your personal data that are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase, which means that in certain circumstances you can request that your personal data be deleted from our records.
- Right to restrict processing, that is, when certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to oppose the processing, which means that in certain cases you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, which means that you have the right to oppose automated processing, including profiles; and not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right can be exercised whenever there is a result of the profile that produces legal effects that affect you significantly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine readable format or if it is feasible, such as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to file a complaint: In case we reject your application under the Access Rights, we will provide you a reason why. If you are not satisfied with the way your application has been handled, contact us.
- Right to the help of the supervisory authority, which means that you have the right to the help of a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies, such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw any consent granted for the processing of your personal data.
Data we collect
Information you have provided us
This could be your email address, name, billing address, address, etc., mainly information that is necessary to deliver a product / service or improve your experience with us. We keep the information you provide so that you can comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and email address.
Information collected automatically about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, the information of your shopping cart, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your experience as a customer. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities can be registered.
Publicly available information
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- We provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicate and interact with you; and notify you of the changes to any service.
- improve your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your personal information for legitimate reasons and / or with your consent.
By virtue of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or send you / offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or billing;
Based on legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers * (from us and / or our carefully selected partners);
- conduct questionnaires on customer satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider that offering you products / services that are similar to your shopping history / browsing behavior is our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you news bulletins and campaign offers (from us and / or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes for which we have requested your express consent;
We process your Personal Data to comply with the obligations derived from the law and / or for the options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize the personal data collected and use said data. We will use the data outside the scope of this Policy only when anonymized. We keep your billing information and other information collected about you for as long as it is necessary for accounting purposes or other obligations derived from the law, but no more.
We may process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but that are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will make sure that:
- the link between the purposes, the context and the nature of the Personal Data is suitable for further processing;
- the further processing will not harm your interests
- and there would be an appropriate safeguard for processing.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal information with strangers. In some cases, personal information about you is provided to our trusted partners in order to facilitate the provision of the service or to improve the customer experience. We share your data with:
Our business partners:
We only work with processing partners that can guarantee an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We disclose Your Personal Information to third parties or public officials when we are legally required to do so.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymization and pseudonym when it is appropriate. We control our systems in search of possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
All the files that make up this website are hosted by the hosting provider: BanaHosting.com Inc., with registered office at:
City: Floral Park
Zip code: 11001
Country: United States of America
Although we do our best, we can not guarantee the security of the information. However, we promise to notify the appropriate authorities about the data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we can to prevent security breaches and help the authorities in the event of violations.
If you have an account with us, keep in mind that you must keep your username and password secret.
Children and minors
This website is not intended to collect data on children or minors.
Cookies and other technologies that we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable them can make it difficult to use certain functions.
- Necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary so that you can use some important functions of our website, such as the login. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies provide functionality that makes the use of our service more convenient and allows to offer more personalized features. For example, they could remember your name and email in comment forms so you do not have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an ad. They are usually placed on the website through advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. These cookies remind you that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. Often, the orientation or advertising cookies will be linked to the functionality of the site provided by the other organization.
You can delete the cookies stored on your computer through the configuration of your browser. Alternatively, you can control some third-party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made on June 22, 2018.